There are times when we get angry, but there are also times when we are angry ALL the time. After the last year and a half, it seems like many of us are going to bed mad and are waking up mad. But, that is not the life that God wants for us to live. Living in anger or lashing out in anger constantly will hold us back from pursuing fully in our God-given mission and purpose. But, not to worry, for we talk on how we can overcome anger with God’s Word.
We are getting real here: we can talk all day long about pursuing your God-given mission, how you can do it, figure out your passions and how it aligns with God’s purpose, and the calling that He has for your life. However, if you are being held back over and over again, with anger, this will become an issue that will follow you every day until it is addressed and worked on with God’s help and with people that you trust.
Since the episode is not super structured like it normally is, we will highlight the main points:
- What the bible says about anger
- How anger, in of itself, is actually not a sin
- The difference between righteous anger and anger that causes you to sin.
- How anger is part of our emotions, like happiness, sadness, frustration, or many more.
- Anger can be a front for other deeper, underlying issues
- We highlight an activity that will change your life in dealing with anger.
- Tips on how to handle anger in a constructive & righteous way
Bible verses mentioned: Proverbs 6:16-19; Psalm 37:8; Proverbs 22:24; Proverbs 29:22; 2 Timothy 2:23-25; 1 Corin. 15:33
We would love your support to keep our podcast ad-free. Head here to learn more, https://www.patreon.com/thesimplemission
Submit your questions here, https://forms.gle/DhwX7Q3ruXEeChTn9
Follow our Instagram: https://instagram.com/thesimplemission